Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2018

What do you see?

Young Elizabeth walked down the path towards her house feeling despondent as she was used to.

"There seem no end to the famine in the land.

 Everything looked so dead and lifeless.

There is nothing nice to look forward to in the New Year, she said to herself feeling terribly depressed.

 She was awakened from her thoughts 
 By laughter coming from the woods close by.

 She stopped to watch a man with long hair singing and playing on his instrument
 And Children were clapping their hands listening to him with such glee.

 "Can you hear the rain? he belted out.

 Can you feel the wind drenched with moisture?

 Can you feel the raindrops on your face?

 Can you feel your feet wading through a thick blanket of grass?

 Can you see crops everywhere?

Some scriptures flashed across her mind.

 Genesis 13:14 CJB
 14 Adonai said to Avram, after Lot had moved away from him, “Look all around you from where you are, to the north, the south, the east and the west. 15 All the land you see I will give to you and your descendants forever, 

A  thought snapped in her head,

"I get it , you get only what you see", she spoke aloud , her voice shaking with excitement.

 The man  stopped singing and looked at Elizabeth.

 She smiled and nodded and said “I too see the rain.” and walked away

 Suddenly her spirits lifted, her soul which was drooping with all life's burdens on it
felt a fresh lease of life.

“I see the rain, she started singing, softly to herself.

I see a great harvest, I hear the sound of laughter.

 I see good things ahead of me and my family,

 I see every mountain which stood in my path for years crushed to dust by me.

 I see breakthroughs in my future,

 I see myself reaching my destiny,

 I see good health and prosperity surrounding  me and my loved ones.

 Oh. I can’t wait for the New Year to dawn on me" ...she sang happily and went on her way.










No comments: