Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2019

The Last Fight


It was a fight from the beginning

It was a fight from the start.

The womb was the first battleground the grave will be her last.

The first combat was with her twin and the last was with Alzheimer’s.

In-between the two there were umpteen wars with surgeries, heart disease, blood pressure and diabetes.

And not to miss half a lifetime with financial stress,
Widowhood, loneliness and depression.

She fought for survival, she fought for her life.

She fought for her children and their lot.

She discharged her duties the best that she could.

Enemies in her life were in plenty, who did all they could, to add to her misery.

She learnt there was no one, to hold on to, as a crutch,

She learnt there was only HER GOD and HIS matchless faithfulness. 

She learnt to LET GO all to his will.

He was there by her side to face life alone and he will be there by her side when she has to face her death alone.

Isaiah 46:3-4 CJB
“Listen to me, house of Ya‘akov,
all who remain of the house of Isra’el:
I have borne you from birth,
carried you since the womb.
Till your old age I will be the same —
I will carry you until your hair is white.
I have made you, and I will bear you;
yes, I will carry and save you.

He will be there with his angels when it’s her time to carry her HOME.

No comments: