Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Lord’s Hand

I first got acquainted with the Lord’s when I was 18,
Had just accepted the Lord, immediately after, lost my dad.
Bad grades in college and a messed up family,
I just wanted to die.
Just when I was contemplating the great act of suicide,
Bright light flooded the room and I saw the Lord in all his glory for a brief second.
And my life has never been the same again.
Everyone in the family was deciding my life,
Marriage /career I seemed to have no choice
I just had to go in with the pool of voices.
But the Lord’s hand provided me the best in both cases
Nothing came to me too easy, for every blessing there was a fight
The battles increased with the years
And I spent many a day in tears
But I always knew the Lord will give me the victory.
I realized over the years just like grandfather did at the age of 94
‘Nee matharam madhee… (In Malayalam an Indian language)
Lord it’s only you I need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pri.... right now i am in a place where once i feared the most.... and just don't know how to think right or wrong everything seems the same.. Your blog has some similar life experience... Its just not fair to land where i did not wanna be...

Priya Antony said...

Mel , I asked the Lord the same question when I landed up in my current job.I was in a hurry to get out of this place.It's been 2 and a half years and I'm still here!But the biggest battle I have ever faced was here,it was not me against a situation it was me and god.He had to teach me to depend on him entirely and I think he finally succeded and very soon he's taking me out from this place

Joyce Alphonse said...

Joyce Alphonse

god bless you dear keep your faith up