Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

The Assignment

The tall dark handsome young man walked to where his mother was 
Making her sit in the sofa under the portrait of her dead husband Admiral Levinsky holding her shoulders and looking deep into her dark eyes he said.
“I know you would not like it ma but
I’ve signed up to join the navy.
And would be leaving in a week’s time.
I know leaving you alone in the world is not something I would like to do
But the more I have prayed asking god for the assignment of my life and the more I feel drawn to serve my country.” 
Dumb struck mum gently wiped her eyes and stroked her son’s head at the same time reciting from Jeremiah 1:4 CJB
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
“To die a noble death like father and grandfather serving others and dying for my county mother is what I want.” the son continued. 
“Sorry for being selfish and wanting you to be always near me, son.
I should have realized you are your father’s son and you would have such lofty ideals like he had,
I will never stand in the way for what god has called you son and for his purposes for which he created you ”. Saying this
She walked slowly to her room it was time to ask God for a fresh assignment for her life to fill up the lonely days that was ahead.



No comments: