Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I Stand on Your Word

Standing on your word is the only thing I can do 
The old lady with Alzheimer’s cried to her God that night.
“As each day drifts into the next, 
I am losing my grip on me.
When I speak the words fail me
When I stand, my legs wobble beneath me, 
 I struggle to read my bible each day
 I cannot remember the name of each day the year or the month
The names of my loved ones I can never recollect in time.
As each days approaches the future looms dark before me 
I’m afraid what will become of me as I drift into a world of nothingness.
I can only stand on your word 
 I know you will never leave me or forsake me
Isaiah 46 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Till your old age I will be the same —
I will carry you until your hair is white.
I have made you, and I will bear you;
yes, I will carry and save you.
Your word is the anchor of my soul
My pillar of hope, the staff I will hold on
As darkness enfolds I know you will still be holding me
Taking me home, home to eternity."



No comments: