Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

The Anchor Holds

“Hiya, uncle Tom , how do you like it living by the sea?

The young lad asked the old sailor out of curiosity.

“Sometimes, drawled out the old man,

When I feel the rage of the wind,

Fierce enough to tear down my little house by the shore.

Or when I watch the relentless crashing of the waves 

On the huge rocks there by the harbour.

Or sometimes when I watch the little boats getting tossed about by the angry sea 

I immediately look for the anchor,

For you see, he said in the way of explanation, “the anchor holds”,

However rough the sea gets, the anchor holds those boats never letting it go.

A big smile crossed comes his face.

It makes me realise he said, in a way of reflection.

No matter whatever the storm is in my life chasing after me, the arm of a heavenly father will never let go of me.

I am standing on the rock you know, as the good word says, so I always feel safe here, peaceful and happy too”. The young lad looking amazed nodded his head in agreement.

Matthew 7:24-27 C. J. B.

24 “So, everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on bedrock. 25 The rain fell, the rivers flooded, the winds blew and beat against that house, but it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a stupid man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain fell, the rivers flooded, the wind blew and beat against that house, and it collapsed — and its collapse was horrendous!”

 

 

No comments: